Friday 15 August 2014

Upload Successful...now comes the hard part

So even after creating mood boards and putting together most of my initial idea for my Global Talent Search entry, of course I ended up scrapping the idea and just drew something!  The following is part of what has been submitted.  The deadline for entries is this coming Monday 18/08/2014, then the waiting begins!  The shortlist  of 50 entries is released on 26/08/2014.  Out of what is possibly a few thousand entries, it will be hard for the judges to pick just 50 people to go through to the next round.  There will be a public gallery later in the competition, once the top 50 have completed a second submission, and it will be interesting to see the sort of work that makes it through.


With the entry put in for the talent search, I've been able to rush a submission for this week's Illustration Friday.  It's been a while since I've done a portrait, and I wasn't entirely happy with this one.  Also, because of being rushed, I wasn't able to rough out ideas for the background as I would have liked to, so what's there is my first attempt.  I don't think I really conveyed the space theme very well!  The topic for this week was King, so I was going for a universal feeling.  A king needs to have a mind on the big picture, but an eye on the details.  And yes, that is G-Dragon.  Well, an approximation of him anyway, as I said, not entirely happy with it, but it's done and I can move on.
I'm getting a solid picture of what SoulStrike is going to be, and I'm looking forward to getting it into reality.  Chainmaille is still definitely on the agenda, as well as clothing, posters, stickers and accessories.  Stay tuned!

Til next week,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment